Saturday, February 23, 2013

Recipe: Tonkatsu

Basic Tonkatsu Recipe

super easy tonkatsu recipe. I just used the Bull-dog instant tonkatsu sauce for dip. I boiled the pork first but normally you could skip this. I just thought of incorporating the Filipino way of cooking Lechon Kawali :) Pair this with basic cabbage salad

Ingredients:


  • pork chops (in my case I used pork steaks..I like the fat thin and distributed ^.^)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • flour
  • 1 beaten egg
  • bread crumbs
  • cooking oil
  • cabbage
  • mayonnaise (preferably Kewpie brand)
  • ketchup

  • Directions:



  • beat pork with a meat tenderizer (or the back of the knife will do)
  • boil pork on a pot until tender
  • drain water and let the pork cool down
  • season pork with salt and pepper
  • coat in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
  • fry until brown
  • -- for the cabbage salad --
  • chop cabbage finely
  • make salad dressing by combining equal amounts of mayonnaise and ketchup then season with salt and pepper


  • Read more: http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/basic-tonkatsu-660702#ixzz2LkYa3ZJ5

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    show me some love...leave comments ^.^